Frequently asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions


Frequently Asked Questions

Can I take vehicles off road?

Vehicles are permitted on unsealed (gravel) roads provided they are properly formed and council maintained roads shown on tourist maps. 4WD tracks, beaches, Forestry maintained roads and washed out tracks are not permitted.

Can I take my car into National Parks?

Yes. Vehicles are allowed into all national parks provided roads are open for use. A parks pass will be required and it is the renter's responsiblity to purchase one.

Can I take my vehicle to Bruny Island?

Yes! Our vehicles are allowed on to Bruny Island. You are covered under our Rental Agreement for use on Bruny Island and travel on the Bruny Island Ferry. Due to the nature of roads we recommend an SUV type of vehicle for travel to Bruny Island, particularly if your travels will include the National Park on South Bruny.

How old do I have to be to rent a car?

You have to be at least 19 years of age and have held a driving licence for a minimum of 2 years. If you are aged 20 or below, please contact us with your booking request. Some vehicle categories such as 6 cylinder vehicles, minibuses, and 4WDs require drivers to be at least 25 years of age.

What do I do in the event of an accident or breakdown?

You are covered by a 24 hour breakdown service, details of which will be on your Rental Agreement. If you are a member of a motoring organisation (RAC) cover is extended to you by RACT in Tasmania.

Can I drop my vehicle off at a different location to pick up?

Yes, we have office locations in Hobart City, Hobart Airport and Launceston Airport. Return location must be nominated at time of booking. Additional fees may apply if returning to a different location to your pickup point.

What do I need to provide for car rental?

You need to provide a valid driving licence issued in your home country. If your licence is not in English, a certified translated copy or an International Licence is required. You will also need a valid credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard or Amex). Additional conditions may apply to debit card holders.

Can I rent a car with an international drivers licence?

The renter must have a valid drivers licence for at least 24 months, be over the age of 19 and must be present at the time of rental. The licence must be valid at time of rental and remain valid throughout the rental period. A licence issued in a foreign country is acceptable, however if not issued in English language it must be accompanied by an International Driving Permit or a certified English translation.

Can I use a debit card?

Debit cards can be used for the payment of car rental balance, however a credit card must be presented as security for the booking and any additional charges. Prepaid and reloadable debit cards as well as Travel money cards and EFTPOS cards are not accepted. Special conditions may apply to anybody using a debit card.

Do I need to pay a Security Bond?

A security bond is required when you hire the vehicle. This is processed to your credit card and refunded within 7 days of return. Depending on levelof Damage Liability you select, the bond can be $100 - $500, the latter being applicable to the Standard (higher) excess amount.

Can I drive the car outside of Tasmania?


If I pick up my car at 10am, must I return it at 10am?

Our rental days are calculated in 24 hour periods or part thereof, so if you wish to return the car at a later time to when you collected, you will be charged for an extra day. We can arrange a 1 hour grace period for returning, (eg. if you collect at 10am, you could return at 11am without incurring additional charges). Please note that this must be requested at the time of booking to ensure we can accomodate your request.

Can I book more than one vehicle at a time?

Yes. You will need to process separate bookings for each car and please include a note that you are requesting more than one vehicle, so that they don’t appear to be duplicated. If you have any questions you can always contact us and we will be happy to help.

Why is my flight number required?

Because we provide a personal pickup service from airports, we need to be able to monitor flight arrivals so as we are prepared for early or late arrivals.

What else do I need to provide?

Accurate flight details and times along with your contact details, email & mobile number ensures we have all we need to provide a smooth booking and delivery service.

How will I know if my booking is confirmed?

You will receive a confirmation by email. If you have not received confirmation within 24 hours of placing your request, please contact us.

What is the cancellation policy?

A deposit of $100 for cars or $200 for 7-seater SUVs and 8-seater vans is payable at the time of booking. Booking deposits are non-refundable however should you be unable to travel to Tasmania due to a travel restriction imposed by government at your planned time of travel, your booking deposit will be transferred to a credit for a period of 24 months.

No-shows and cancellations within 24 hours of arrival will be charged in full. Cancellations between 24 and 48 hours of pick-up may be charged 50% of the balance.

Can I return my vehicle early?

Yes, however there may be an adjustment to the daily rental rate to reflect a shorter term. A minimum of 48 hrs notice is required for all early returns. If notice is not given, you will be charged the full rental amount.

Can I tow using your vehicle or fit racks?

No. Vehicles are not equipped for towing and objects carried on the roof are not permitted.

Can another person drive my rental vehicle?

Only persons named on the rental agreement are permitted to drive the car. You can add an additional driver at any stage by contacting us and providing a copy of their driver's licence. You must do so before they drive the car. All drivers must meet age and experience criteria and provide us with a copy of their driving licence prior to driving. Additional fees may apply.

Can I hire a baby or child seat?

Yes, we offer up-right forward facing baby and child seats for $9/day. Special seats & capsules can be arranged through a third party supplier who will fit the item to the car prior to arrival, so prior notice will be required in order to arrange this.

Do you have GPS or maps?

We do not supply GPS units. You are welcome to bring your own. Many travellers prefer to use their phones for navigation.

What about bike or roof racks/wheelchairs/pets?

Roof racks cannot be fitted to vehicles. Wheelchairs can be accommodated in wagons, minibuses & SUV type vehicles. Larger SUVs may be able accommodate bikes. Pets may be transported in restrained in a carrier, subject to prior approval.

What is my damage liability?

There is a range of options to provide suitable cover for damage. These can be selected any time prior to hiring your vehicle. At all times reversing, undercarriage and overhead damage is excluded, as is negligence, DUI, or where the terms and conditions of the Rental Agreement are breached. Towing/retrieval costs are at your expense. Cover applies to rental vehicle only.

What is a single vehicle accident?

A Single Vehicle Accident (SVA) is defined as any accident or damage not involving another vehicle or where the vehicle and driver cannot be identified. SVAs are commonly, but not limited to, accidents that occur between the vehicle and wildlife.

What if an accident is not my fault?

Irrespective of cause or fault, you are liable for the excess amount up front. If recovery can be made from the other party or their insurer then a refund would apply. It should be noted that recovery can be a lengthy process and if successful, legal and/or administrative costs may apply and be deducted from any amount reimbursed.

What if my Credit Card or Travel Insurance covers my excess?

Some credit cards and travel insurance polices offer Damage Cover subject to their conditions. You need to ascertain the limit of cover and whether it covers third party property etc. In the event of accident you must pay us the excess amount immediately and then seek reimbursement from your credit card company or travel insurer.